Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ginger Mustard Pork


Here's a recipe sent in by a lovely reader, Leigh.  She got this recipe from a Weight Watchers cookbook. For some reason, I hardly ever cook pork - I think I have in my mind that it tastes too fatty or something! Anyway, I was keen to try this out and I have successfully opened my mind to pork - it was delicious!  The pictured meal came in right on 300 calories - very tasty and filling!

Ingredients
4 x 150 gram lean pork loin medallions (or pork chops)
Olive oil spray
1 small red onion
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 tsp grated ginger
2/3 cup chicken stock
2 tsp whole grain mustard
2 tbs maple syrup

Lightly spray oil in pan and heat over medium-high heat.  Cook pork for 2-3 mins per side.  Put aside on a plate

Spray a little more oil in the same pan.  Add onion, garlic and ginger.  Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until softened.  Add stock, maple syrup & mustard.  Bring to boil.  Return pork to pan.  Cook, turning occasionally for 5 minutes.

Serve with steamed rice and veges.

No comments:

Print